GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provide on-site desktop support for customers of Network Enterprise Center – Redstone (NEC-R). Resolve customer service request for various problems to include desktop network connectivity, desktop configuration, email, login and passwords, CAC/PKI and application support. Processes a range of scheduled routines in addition to the operating system and resolving common error conditions, this worker diagnoses and acts on machine stoppage and error conditions not fully covered by existing procedures and guidelines (e.g., resetting switches and other controls or making mechanical adjustments to maintain or restore equipment operations). In response to computer output instructions or error conditions, the Field Service Technician and Desktop Support Technician may deviate from standard procedures if standard procedures do not provide a solution and refers problems which do not respond to corrective procedures to a person of supervisory or higher individual contributor level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide desktop assistance at the customer’s workstation or location
- Escalate unresolved issues to next level support
- Document unresolved issues with clear detail and initial steps taken for resolution
- Provide printer, plotter, scanner, and digital sender support; installation and configuration of new hardware, repairing connectivity problems on existing hardware, and troubleshooting configuration issues
- Provide support for IPhone and other mobile messaging technology; resetting passwords, reactivation an troubleshooting user issues