Kratos RT Logic is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos RT Logic is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos RT Logic, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Systems Firmware Engineer, for our Chantilly, VA location.
General Job Summary:
The successful candidate will work with a team to design and develop the next generation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) communications products in RT Logics Real-time Tactical Communications business area. It provides an opportunity to grow while both learning from senior architects, and mentoring entry-level developers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in VHDL, FPGA design, and RF and digital communications protocols.
- Develop, integrate, and test real time firmware applications to support various RT Logic products.
- Design and develop firmware/software in support of new product development and custom deliveries.
- Work directly with customers and RT Logic engineers to perform requirements analysis/design trade-offs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Work with program management to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
- Use VHDL to implement real-time communications processing for tactical and network communications products.
- Drive a culture of high-quality firmware by continuously honing the craft of firmware development while following industry best practices such as code review, and automated testing.
- Collaborate with systems architects to design software solutions and guide the activity of entry-level developers.
- Work with RT Logic engineers to perform design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with product architectures
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Significant VHDL experience targeting Xilinx and/or Altera devices
- Must be able to work closely in a small engineering team which will include other software engineers, FPGA firmware, RF hardware, system hardware, and test engineers
- Working knowledge of RF communications, real-time waveform processing, and/or Software Defined Radios is a plus
- Experience with common engineering test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Familiarity with military tactical waveforms (CDL, VNW, 466ER)
- Understanding of configuration management best practices
- Familiarity with best systems engineering practices
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Kratos RT Logic is proud to be a diversity-minded, affirmative-action employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply and disclose their status.