GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The IT Systems Administrator (SA) will be required to perform duties that include elevated privileges, such as managing active directory, troubleshooting user related issues, and installing hardware/software. As a trusted custodian to the Company’s sensitive information and/or systems, the SA will be expected to maintain professional conduct and protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of any information system to which they may have access.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Establish and maintain classified information systems following DOD, DSS, NIST, and JSIG guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Responsible for network address assignment, routing protocols, and routing table configuration as well as configuration of authentication and authorization – directory services. Performs maintenance of network servers: file servers, intrusion detection systems, routers, switches, etc.
- Maintains the hardware and software that comprises the network (data, voice and video) including the deployment, maintenance and monitoring of active network gear; switches, routers, firewalls, and appliances
- Performs anti-virus definitions updates, and patch management. Manages active directory, group policy, files shares, backups and restores, etc.
- Perform system administration duties to include troubleshooting of information system errors
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures to restrict unauthorized use of data systems and databases
- Ensure users have need-to-know for the data they are accessing
- Installs new and existing hardware/software. Manages disaster recovery functions for information systems
- Support, maintain and administer third party applications
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all hardware on a routine and scheduled basis
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
- Enforce change management and compliance processes
- Work as a technical resource on assigned projects
- Independent analysis, communication, and problem solving
Other Job Functions
Other duties as assigned