The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and executing the development, qualification, and production acceptance test operations for new gas turbine products. You will coordinate the interface connections between the test article and the test facility, oversee the installation of the test article in the test facility, coordinate support coverage during test operations, and manage the test procedures to efficiently complete the test objectives while insuring the safe operation of the test article and the support facilities. In order to do this effectively you will need to be intimately familiar with the design and operational limits and the critical operating parameters of the test article, as well as the test objectives to provide the correct test procedure guidance during test operation to prevent test article damage.
Associate engineers will be mentored to have the technical background and sufficient knowledge to perform all phases of hardware design, development and documentation.
- Coordinate the provisioning, installation, safe operation, and operational support of the gas turbine test article in the test facility.
- Create and update test records.
- Manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Oversee test facility assembly and instrumentation connections
- Ensure development, qualification and acceptance testing is completed in a safe and timely fashion
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant technical degree.
- Familiarity with gas turbine operation and control.
- Understanding of instrumentation methods and limitations
- 0-3 years of applicable work experience, preferably in turbomachinery.
- CAD or NX experience advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Mechanical assembly aptitude and experience.
- Ability to make technical presentations internally and to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with peers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project test direction.
The work environment will include a combination of office and lab/workshop.
Frequent off hour and weekend work expected.
Most work will be in the local area but some test coordination at customer or support facilities will be required.
Employee will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Competitive salary and generous benefits included.