Kratos provides leading-edge capabilities for communication with satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and airborne platforms. From factory test to flight, from ground data networking to RF Links – commercial, intelligence, and defense users trust Kratos to solve their most difficult RF problems. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.kratosdefense.com/.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
The Senior Project Management position is an exciting opportunity based in Lanham, MD that encompasses dimensions of Project Management and leadership with knowledge of Systems Development, Engineering, and Integration. The successful candidate will work directly with the Kratos Space Federal team, including engineering, finance, program management, and business development. Our project managers team with our functional managers to develop long term visions in strategic business pursuits, successfully create solutions for executing programs, and expand our business pipeline by listening and responding to current and potential customer needs.
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and manage project technical and business baselines.
- Manage the technical, schedule, quality, and cost objectives for customer programs in our Advanced Programs business area.
- Work with our engineering experts to provide technical advice to our customers on architectures and potential solutions.
- Collaborate with functional / resource managers to allocated staff resources and identify resource needs.
- Properly manage classified information and activities.
- Manage the capture of new business for existing and new customer accounts – including supporting or leading proposal efforts.
- Pursue business development opportunities that employ products and/or broader end-to-end solutions.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure project requirements are met and guarantee our performance exceeds customer expectations.
- Manage sub-contractors and vendors.
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level.
- Report on project financial performance and schedule performance to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Travel as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings.
- Be a strong team player.