GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
With precision in execution and meticulous attention to detail, performs Certified Welding Inspections and Non-Destructive Testing on all welded components and assemblies throughout the Kratos facility. Performs inspections at various stages of assembly and manufacturing, including first article, in-process, and final inspection.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform inspections as a Certified Welding Inspector on various projects.
- Perform visual inspections of finished welds, in-process and final assemblies
- Check weld machine setup and welding techniques of welders on work-in-progress
- Records results of test and welding inspections
- Ensures all welding is performed in conformance with applicable welding codes, company standards, and customer/contractual requirements
- Assist with performing various (Non Destructive Testing) NDT examination and documentation
- Perform in-process and final QC inspection(s) on finished products
- Ensure all QC operations are carried out in a timely manner
- Reads and interprets manufacturing inspection plans, mechanical, and electrical design drawings
- Interact with internal and external customers (supervisors, project managers, engineers, etc.)
- Ability to work with other fabrication and quality personnel as part of the verification process to ensure quality standards are being met
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications
- Perform in-process and receiving inspection tasks, as required
- Generate Discrepant Material Reports (DMR), process materials / items into and out of hold areas. Verifies remediation actions completed per DMR instructions.
- Perform First Article (FA) inspection to validate product requirements with little to no assistance
- Present hardware and documentation for source inspection review to customer and/or government representatives
- Assist in the training of other personnel as required
Perform or assist with internal QMS audits
- Other duties as assigned