Kratos is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity. Our motto, "From Strength to Success," reflects our commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers.
Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services Inc. division provides a full spectrum of solutions for complex C5ISR, engineering and operational requirements, and military weapon systems. We have years of experience in logistics, engineering, and target operations support, as well as international programs, rocket program services, technology initiatives, and advanced weapon system research and engineering.
Our in-depth understanding of our client missions, in conjunction with the strategic location of our employees, enables us to offer cost effective solutions tailored to our clients' specific requirements and consistent with their evolving mission objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Under general supervision, the System Administrator II will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
• Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
• Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
• Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.