Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems is seeking a project manager to provide management, leadership, and oversight for launch vehicle programs all over the world. The project manager is responsible for ensuring delivery of launch vehicle hardware, software and support equipment, and deploying personnel to successfully support national security missions. Projects are typically managed “end-to-end” and may include mission planning, design, analysis, manufacturing, testing, and launch operations.
The project manager must have an understanding of project management processes, have strong communication and customer service skills, and be able to motivate teams. The project manager must possess strong analytical skills and should have an understanding of project finance. The project manager is involved in all stages of a project execution and is responsible for ensuring success through thorough planning, scheduling, execution and monitoring of all project tasks. The project manager will lead multi-disciplinary teams, supporting launch vehicle integration and launch activities at geographically dispersed locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes and manages internal and external resources (staff, facilities, and equipment)
- Creates sub-contract work breakdown structures as appropriate.
- Creates project milestone plans and schedules.
- Is responsible for project budget, schedule, monitoring, and completion of goals and milestones in accordance with approved plans.
- Performs in-depth program and technical reviews and manages ongoing contractual project requirements (schedule, technical, and budgetary).
- Maintains on-going communication with team, suppliers, customers, and leadership.
- Manages complex activities including development of new concepts and techniques to solve problems based on analysis and evaluation of data.
- Exhibits sound judgment, builds consensus and motivates teams.
- Provides clear guidance and displays strong leadership.Duties may be broadly defined and assignments may be received in the form of expected results, due dates and general guidance, thus project manager must creatively select, apply and modify approaches from established policies/procedures and precedence to achieve success.