Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, missiles, launch vehicles and more. Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.kratosdefense.com/.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers and employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners, and customers; and take ownership for our actions — always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager at our Chantilly, VA office. The Project Manager works with our customers and teams to ensure the successful execution of Mission Waveform Solutions (MWS) programs/projects for our Protected Tactical Communications business. Our project managers have a detailed technical understanding of the work being performed and may be required to perform technical tasks as part of the project execution and customer support. They are expected to be self-starters, and have ownership of project performance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and manage project technical baselines (hardware, firmware, software).
- Manage the technical, schedule, quality, and cost objectives for multiple project contracts simultaneously.
- Manage capture of new business for existing and new customer accounts – including generating quotes and leading proposal efforts.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure job requirements are met.
- Direct project personnel resources to accomplish job milestones.
- Develop, track, and update resource loaded project schedules.
- Prepare cost estimates and technical/cost proposals.
- Effectively manage project sub-contractors and vendors.
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level.
- Participate in project status reviews to monitor and/or provide inputs to cost completion, projected fee, invoices, and purchase commitments.
- Generate/review contract modifications and purchase orders.
- Organize and conduct factory acceptance test project sell-off activities
Represent Kratos Defense at strategic industry conferences, workshops, forums, etc.