GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Assist Senior Manufacturing Engineer in the evaluation, development, and improvement of manufacturing methods and processes, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Analyze and plan space requirements, workflow, and equipment layouts to insure maximum efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to review and critiques designs for produce-ability and completeness.
- Ability to Design and develop detailed program production plans, assembly procedures, workmanship standards, tooling and fixture requirements, and work orders to include time estimates.
- Ability to train production personnel in new methods.
- Attends IPT meetings as manufacturing representative and able to discuss things like drawing release, part produce-ability, and manufacturing schedule requirements.
- Ability to work as a liaison between Design Engineering and Manufacturing to help resolve issues during the manufacturing cycle.
- Ability to monitor production schedule for critical path shortages and assists in implementing mitigation plan as required.