GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Performs a variety of tasks to support manufacturing including, but not limited to equipment fabrication, modification and/or repairs. May also be involved in building and facility fabrication, modification and/or maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each successive level of Maintenance Technician builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for previous level(s).
- Performs and documents maintenance performed and all pertinent maintenance records.
- Constructs and repairs a variety of structures such as walls, doors/windows, stairs, roofs, bins, partitions and office equipment.
- Ability to perform MIG welding.
- Mixes and applies paints and other finishing coats to interior and exterior surfaces by means of brush, spray gun or roller.
- Knows and follows effective safety standards, practices and techniques pertaining to general maintenance and construction work.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as “right-the-first-time” approach.
- Performs lockout/tagout functions in accordance with safe practices and company procedures.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with daily activities.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Follows safety procedures and protocols.
- Forklift certifiable.
- May drive between company locations as required. Must possess a valid driver’s license of the appropriate class type.
- Tracks daily hours worked in timekeeping system accurately.
Maintenance Tech III
- Works very independently.
- Plans (including cost estimates), designs and installs electrical and mechanical systems for production equipment.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
- Assists the Facilities Manager in planning and coordinating work.
- May provide training to lower-level Maintenance Technicians upon supervisor’s request/approval.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.