Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability and experience in using various hand tool appropriate for the position. Some examples of tools frequently used are-Dial Calipers, Hand Notcher, Helical Insert Tool, Cleco Pliers, Machinist Combination Square, Protractor and Center Finder, tap and drill block, safety wire pliers.
- Experience with mechanical assembly and integration.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and bills of materials
- Work effectively and relate well with others
- Good verbal communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years experience in manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience in building items such as training systems, baggage handling equipment, conveyor systems, actual aircraft or ground vehicles, to name a few is highly preferred.
- Experience in the following areas is beneficial: machine shop experience, sheet metal fabrication, aircraft or ground vehicle maintenance and/or experience in a commercial airline company.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Works in a smoke free manufacturing environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
Long periods of sitting as well.
The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance
The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: This job is temporary (3-4 months) and travel will be at different locations. Travel up to 50%