Kratos is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity within the space industry. Our motto "From Strength to Success" reflects a commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers. The Federal Solutions Group is a leader in satellite command and control solutions focused on DoD, Civil (NOAA/NASA), and classified customers. We are an agile and innovative solutions provider in that we integrate Kratos-developed products with 3rd party software, as well as design and develop new tools and applications to provide end-to-end systems that solve mission unique requirements. An ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software/systems engineer in the space domain and is knowledgeable about spacecraft, orbital analytics, SDA algorithms, distributed data processing, and systems engineering.
The qualified candidate will be part of a solutions delivery team responsible for integrating and testing COTS applications, custom software, and satellite specific data products in an integrated environment for the latest evolution in satellite RF monitoring and geo-location systems. Applications are hosted on MS Windows platforms which serve as physical and/or virtual machines. Primary responsibilities include building, integrating and testing systems, preparing and executing formal acceptance tests as well as evaluating software maintenance changes. Collaboration with developers and integrators is integral in determining appropriate validation and regression tests for execution. Effective communication of test status is required during test periods.
Job duties include:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a test environment.
- Decompose customer requirements into technical solutions for product integrators
- Order, build, integrate, and test RF products/systems such as: RF monitoring, satellite geo-location, and channel simulators
- Integrate, test and configure Dell network servers for RF monitoring systems
- Operate RF test equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.)
- Develop and implement testing procedures for system builds
- Collaborate with software engineers, subject matter experts, and system architects
- Ability to communicate technical understandings and project status clearly to stakeholders
- Analyze system performance and assist project engineers in identifying defects.
- Assist customers in integration and acceptance testing, on-site or in house
- Detail oriented in documentation of test findings
- Candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working independently and with others.
- Candidate must be able to articulate technical concepts orally and in written form.
- Manage a lab environment to include test equipment maintenance, procurement, and accountability
- Travel as necessary to attend customer meetings and support deployed systems. Travel not to exceed 10%.