Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Each successive level of Maintenance Technicians builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for the previous level(s) Maintenance Technicians.
Maintenance Technician I
- Preferably 1-2 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
- Communicate in English both written and verbally.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess valid California driver’s license and clean DMV record.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Molding experience
- Hydraulic press maintenance experience
- 480 3 phase electrical experience.
Maintenance Technician II
- Preferably 3-5 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
- Demonstrated ability of Level II duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in 120Vsingle phase - 480 3 phase electrical.
Maintenance Technician III
- Preferably 5+ years hands-on experience in composite manufacturing.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
- Demonstrated ability of Level III duties and responsibilities.
- May require Security Clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping, stooping, kneeling, climbing.
Working with a variety of hand tools, power tools and other related equipment.
Occasionally lifts and carries objects weighing up to 50lbs.
Works in non-temperature controlled environments.
Works in confined spaces.
May work from a variety of surfaces, level or unleveled, when performing job duties.
May work extended hours or weekends.
Occasional exposure to noise, hazardous materials and dust.
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.