GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: (This is a temp to hire position).
Functions as a generalist in a variety of Human Resources activities, with emphasis on participating and/or leading HR related projects. Typically serves in an organization where specialists are not fully deployed. Responsibilities encompass a multitude of activities including: talent acquisition activities, counseling employees and management concerning work-related problems, conducting termination activities, and providing feedback to management when necessary. Supports company’s diversity initiatives and maintain records for EEO and affirmative action reporting requirements. Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects. May assist in the formulation and delivery of training materials, workforce planning, performance management, personnel policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Working on projects and project-related duties comprise up to approximately 80% of the job.
• Executing project tasks as assigned.
• Participates in HR projects, up to and including project management.
• May work on more than one project simultaneously.
• May include developing detailed, comprehensive project plans, and delivering on related tasks according to the established timeline(s).
HR Generalist Duties:
• Generalist duties comprises approximately 20% of the job.
• Provide HRIS support by entering all HR data, creating and running reports, and analysis for HR management.
• Coordinate and lead new employee orientations.
• Maintain personnel files and other Human Resources records; ensures files are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
• Perform recruiting functions for multiple functional units/offices and to include posting positions, resume review, phone screens, interview set up, and candidate follow up.
• Assist with accurately maintaining the Applicant Tracking System.
• Work in a collaborative manner with the payroll group to ensure all related pay data and changes are processed timely.
• Participates in the annual open enrollment process for health benefits and employee programs.
• Works with the Benefits Department in preparation of employee leaves of absence.
• Assists in the delivery, execution and coordination of the annual salary planning, performance evaluations, and other relative projects.
• Assist HR Leads in generating spreadsheet calibration of proposed annual rate increases and completing annual data entry of pay increases.
• Assists with corporate and business unit wide training initiatives.