Kratos is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity. Our motto, "From Strength to Success," reflects our commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers.
Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services Inc. division provides a full spectrum of solutions for complex C5ISR, engineering and operational requirements, and military weapon systems. We have years of experience in logistics, engineering, and target operations support, as well as international programs, rocket program services, technology initiatives, and advanced weapon system research and engineering.
Our in-depth understanding of our client missions, in conjunction with the strategic location of our employees, enables us to offer cost effective solutions tailored to our clients' specific requirements and consistent with their evolving mission objectives.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Kratos Defense and Rocket Support Services (KDRSS) is seeking outstanding candidates to join our industry leading team of experts in the DOD’s highest technical priority - Hypersonics Research, Development, Test and Evaluation. KDRSS is developing the next generation Transient, Thermal Analysis Software tools for the Modeling and Simulation (M&S) of hypersonic and high speed vehicles, and is performing ground testing at state-of-the –art facilities to support this development. We are looking for motivated engineers to help us perform the coordinated testing and software tool development for hypersonic vehicle sensor response and evaluation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the planning and conduct of aero-thermal-optical ground tests at the country’s leading facilities, in coordination with the Nation’s top scientists and engineers
- Coordinate the utilization of test data for the development, verification and validation of Transient, Thermal Analysis Software tools being developed for hypersonic seeker Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- Apply software engineering best practices to existing applications and new developments including test-driven development activities.
- Assist in the design and development of engineering software under general supervision
- Assist in the design and development of software to post-process aero-optical test data
- Utilize experience with C/C++, FORTRAN 90, MATLAB, and Python.
- Develop written reports, briefings and other documentation.