Kratos Defense is seeking an experienced Sr. Solutions Engineer/Architect to join the Kratos Space team. Kratos provides enterprise product solutions that manage and support services delivery across global terrestrial and satellite networks. The successful candidate will become an integral member of our pre-sales and product engineering team responsible for supporting product launch campaigns, developing reference architectures and facilitating key strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will have significant leadership experience within the SDN, Cloud, Cyber Security industries and possess strong communications skills, capable of identifying business requirements and documenting engineering solutions. Systems integration/engineering and programming experience is strongly desired.
Daily activities will include the following: system and network engineering, architectural design reviews, client presentations, account management activities, round table discussions, whiteboard discussions, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts and solution design/documentation.
Develop and validate technical solution architectures with key accounts and for strategic product launches. Facilitate requirements gathering/identification sessions and design scalable cloud based solutions to meet the customer’s needs. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on SDN and Cloud Orchestration for pre-sales audiences. Define and defend value propositions related to emerging technologies within the satellite industry. Up to 50% travel (domestic and international).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Team with Product Management for development of reference architectures supporting technical material.
- Preparation of technical presentation of products/solutions to potential accounts
- Provide Product Architecture overview and Product Demonstrations
- Provide SME Support for key account Managers within customer facing engagements
- Facilitate successful proof-of-concept (evaluation) engagements
- Support team training/enablement activities for SDN/Cloud Concepts.
- Develop Whitepapers/Webinar content related to strategic go to market campaigns.
- Provide SME Support in the preparation and production of written customer response RFI (Request For Information) and RFP (Request For Proposal)
- Utilize time management and planning processes as defined
- Provide feedback to product management and development on product information and share solutions developed in the field.
- Assist with delivery of internally or externally focused training efforts.
- Work within industry standards organizations to address areas in which Kratos is interested.