Kratos provides leading-edge capabilities for communication with satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and airborne platforms. From factory test to flight, from ground data networking to RF Links – commercial, intelligence, and defense users trust Kratos to solve their most difficult RF problems. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see https://www.kratosdefense.com/
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Test Engineer in our Colorado Springs office!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Serve as team member participating in the verification and validation testing of software products. Develop automated, formalized test procedures ensuring compliance to customer and internal requirements and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write and develop software test procedures
- Perform formal software testing to verify quality and reliability for product requirements
- Conduct both automated and manual testing of applications
- Complete test asset creation, test execution, error reporting, analysis and reporting on testing outcomes
- Analyze and identify system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing.; appropriately escalating issues as defined by processes
- Develop test software to be used in support of software testing activities (this can include software to support Factory Acceptance Testing)
- Assist in writing requirements specifications, design, and test documents
- Assist hardware and software integration tasks
- Consult with hardware and software engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system