GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Business Development Account Executive is responsible for market analysis, strategy development, managing the execution of the strategy, and achieving bookings objectives for assigned accounts. The SBDAE is also responsible for the management of capture and proposal activities including timely management gate reviews, process compliance and transition to the program execution team. In addition to establishing strategic direction for accounts under his/her control, the SBDAE develops and promotes teaming decisions and pricing and win strategies which support the strategic objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully identifies, promotes, forecasts, advances, and captures sales of KUAS products in assigned territories or accounts. Assists Director of Business Development in deconfliction and coordination of marketing pursuits across all territories.
- Works with the Business Development organization to develop realistic bookings targets to support a rolling forecast. Presents the bookings forecast to the Director of Business Development for review and approval.
- Identifies, qualifies, and quantifies target opportunities; suggests pursuit strategies; contributes to overall business development strategy.
- Initiates customer contact and follow-up with targeted agencies and companies.
- Fosters continuous customer relationships with key industry and customer contacts inclusive of marketing, sales, executive, programmatic, representative and technical disciplines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of company UAS capabilities and accurately articulates the value that our capabilities provide.
- Understands customers’ unique needs and business models to negotiate deals, contracts and close integrated opportunities.
- Supports accounts (new and existing) with timely responses to RFQs, RFPs, demonstrations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ensures the customer perspective is understood, currency of information is maintained, competitive environment is monitored, and, as required to support capture strategies, ensures that the information is clearly communicated to internal teams.
- Provides oversight of proposal activities for assigned capture efforts.
- Leads and coordinates with internal resources for shipping, ITAR-compliance, technical support and finance for BD
- Oversees, tracks, and is responsible for technical data export licensing activities required for business development activities.
- Provides specific inputs to department spending budgets and forecasts to support business development activities for assigned accounts.
- Supports and represents KUAS at trade shows as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities with the highest standards of ethics.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Maintains a detailed Outlook calendar of travel, meetings and events supporting BD activities.
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbal.
- Other duties may be assigned.