GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Business Development Account Executive is responsible for market analysis, strategy development, managing the execution of the strategy, and achieving bookings objectives for assigned accounts. The BDAE is also responsible for the management of capture and proposal activities including timely management gate reviews, process compliance and transition to the program execution team. The BDAE develops and promotes teaming decisions, and pricing and win strategies which support the strategic objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully identifies, promotes, forecasts, advances, and captures sales of Kratos products in assigned territories or accounts.
- Works with management to develop realistic bookings targets to support a rolling forecast.
- Identifies, qualifies, and quantifies target opportunities; suggests pursuit strategies; contributes to overall business development strategy.
- Initiates customer contact and follow-up with targeted agencies and companies.
- Fosters continuous customer relationships with key industry and customer contacts inclusive of marketing, sales, executive, programmatic, representative and technical disciplines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Kratos capabilities and accurately articulates the value that our capabilities provide.
- Understands customers’ unique needs and business models to negotiate deals, contracts and close integrated opportunities.
- Supports accounts (new and existing) with timely responses to RFQs, RFPs, demonstrations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ensures the customer perspective is understood, currency of information is maintained, competitive environment is monitored, and, as required to support capture strategies, ensures that the information is clearly communicated to internal teams.
- Provides oversight of proposal activities for assigned capture efforts.
- Leads and coordinates with internal resources for shipping, ITAR-compliance, technical support and finance for BD opportunities or activities.
- Oversees, tracks, and is responsible for technical data export licensing activities required for business development activities.
- Provides specific inputs to department spending budgets and forecasts to support business development activities for assigned accounts.
- Provides weekly/monthly input to status briefings for corporate management review.
- Supports and represents CEi at trade shows as assigned.
- Maintains a detailed Outlook calendar of travel, meetings and events supporting BD activities.
- Conducts all business activities with the highest standards of ethics.
- Performs other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on as needed basis.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned