**** U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is REQUIRED for this position ****
Oracle Database Administrator on the Army Logistics Transformation (ALTIII) contract in support of the Army Data and Analytics Platforms (ARDAP)/AESIP program for PEO-EIS at Redstone Arsenal. Primary responsibilities will be to provide database administration (Oracle 11g/12c) and support of a large and technically complex landscape of Production/QA/Dev systems running SAP on Oracle databases. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to database design, administration, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, integration, backup/recovery, optimization, and problem resolution.
Responsibilities will also include SQL and PostgreSQL administration and hardening of the Oracle databases on UNIX/Linux platforms (primarily Solaris and RHEL) as well as maintaining compliance with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
SAP applications on Oracle DB include Enterprise Portal (EP), Enterprise Resource Planning Central Component (ECC), Business Intelligence (BI), Composition Environment (CE), Process Integration (PI), Data Orchestration Engine (DOE) and Solution Manager (SM).
This position is key to the ongoing success of the ARDAP program and will require an individual with strong motivation and desire to execute at a high level.
Candidate should have a strong understanding of underlying UNIX systems and Oracle databases and how SAP integrates and functions within these systems.
Candidates that can show proficiencies with SAP administration are preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations of Oracle DB (specifically 11g/12c)
- Day to day operational activities related to the administration of Oracle DB and SAP environments (transports, batch jobs, monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning, etc)
- Application of support packages and installation of SAP related add-on software components.
- Backup and Recovery Operations related to SAP and Oracle
- SAP Basis administration support.
- SQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong Oracle Database Administration skillset (install, upgrade, migrate, troubleshoot, etc)
- Experience protecting Oracle Databases with RMAN and enterprise backup solutions such as Veritas NetBackup.
- Strong understanding of underlying UNIX OS
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently on complex technical tasks.
- Experience working in a DoD related environment
- Experience with SAP Applications hosted on Oracle databases.
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard.
- UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with backup/recovery of SAP/Oracle databases
- SAP HANA
- Oracle DB related certification
- Cloud/AWS/Azure experience