Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, missiles, launch vehicles and more. Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.kratosdefense.com/.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
General Job Summary:
This successful candidate will work with a team to design and develop the next generation of products supporting Missile System Links, Radar Target Generation, and Satellite Ground Communications in Kratos. This opportunity will provide a chance to grow by learning from senior architects, and mentoring entry-level developers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in C++, object oriented design, and modern software development techniques.
- Design, develop, integrate, and test real-time software to support various Kratos products and projects.
- Use C++ and object oriented design techniques to develop real-time solutions for various Windows and Linux based platforms.
- Drive a culture of high-quality software by continuously honing the craft of software development while following industry best practices such as code review, unit testing, and automated system-level regression testing.
- Collaborate with product architect to design software solutions and guide the activity of entry-level developers.
- Work directly with customers and Kratos engineers to perform requirements design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with product architectures.
- Work with Product Manager to brainstorm new features and scope new efforts as needed.