Kratos is a fast-paced, medium-sized company that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity within the space industry. Our motto "Ready For What's Next" reflects a commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers.
The Solutions Group is a leader in satellite command and control solutions focused on DoD, Civil (NOAA/NASA), classified customers and commercial customers. We are an agile and innovative solutions provider in that we integrate Kratos-developed products with 3rd party software, as well as design and develop new tools and applications to provide end-to-end systems that solve mission unique requirements.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible to support teams and programs for systems engineering design, analysis, planning, implementation, troubleshooting, enhancements, and complex systems or networks with respect to SATCOM ground systems. The candidate will work closely with government customers and a cross-functional team (PMO, engineering, development, test, and integration).
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging RF focused projects
- Develop and implement technical baselines
- Develop, analyze, and allocate requirements for RF collection and analysis systems
- Provide technical advice to our customers on architectures and potential solutions in a multi-level secure environment.
- Properly implement processes and solutions in a classified environment
- Develop concepts for moving data from sensor to user
- Interface directly with customers to ensure project requirements are met and ensure our performance exceeds customer expectations
- Interact with and task vendors
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level
- Develop and implement risk strategies
- Develop RF test procedures
- Travel as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings (<10%)
- Be a strong team player including directing other technical staff